4580 S Lewiston Way Aurora, CO 80015-1455 913.220.5279 firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a Senior Developer who enjoys reimagining boundaries of what can be achieved with applications. My most recent accomplishment was building a cardless mobile payment solution to accelerate transaction times for aviation fuel products and purchases. This product won the 2016 Monarch Most Innovative Product Award. In my next opportunity, I’m looking to anticipate future needs and savings strategies by designing and building easy to use systems.
Applications and Tools: Android Studio, WebSphere Application Developer, Oracle PL/SQL Developer, MS Visual Studio, Rational Rose, MS Internet Information Server (IIS) Web Server, ClearCase, Microsoft Visio, SVN, Git
Platforms: Red Hat Enterprise and SUSE Linux, Windows Workstation, Android
Application Developer, 2006 – Present
US Bank – Overland Park, KS / Denver, CO
· Full project lifecycle involvement including requirements gathering, cost estimation, code and database design and modeling, development, testing, deployment, and production support. Applications support the entire process of point-of-sale credit card transactions, acquiring, and processing of Aviation fuel related payments between merchants and customers.
· Migrated several high-availability acquiring applications from SCO Unix platform to Red Hat Enterprise Linux, while adding additional network tier layers for security.
· Continued building on enhancements to support new business needs, technology upgrades, emerging industry standards, and regulatory requirements.
· Concurrent development efforts and shared prerequisite tasks require prompt and frequent communication with other team members and our business line.
Languages and Standards: Java, C/C++, Perl, SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, XML, XSD, JSON
Applications and Tools: Oracle PL/SQL Developer, Android Studio, ClearCase, WebSphere, SVN, Git, VersionOne
Platforms: Red Hat Enterprise and SUSE Linux, Windows 7, Oracle 9i/11g, Android
Other terms: PCI Certification, EMV Chip technology, Mobile restful services, Agile
Software Engineer, 2001-2006
Sprint LTD / IBM – Overland Park, KS
· Performed requirements gathering, cost estimation, design and modeling, development, deployment, and support of multiple client-server applications. The Java/UNIX and Visual C++/ASP applications support the scheduling, billing, pricing, and tracking of technician dispatch systems (workforce management) to support telecom customer needs.
· Refactored an existing Visual C++/ASP/SQL dispatch application, added a common framework, scalability, caching, and logging while delivering new project enhancements, to create a maintainable OO environment that more closely resembled the department’s primary Java application.
· Led small teams of 2-3 developers through project lifecycles in both Java and C++.
Applications and Tools: WebSphere Application Developer 5.1, IBM Visual Age for Java 3.3, MS Visual Studio 6.0, MS Visual Interdev, MS Internet Information Server (IIS) Web Server 4.0/5.0, MS Visual SourceSafe, Microsoft Visio, Rational Rose
Platforms: HP-UX, Windows NT/2000 Workstation, Windows 2000/2003 Advanced Server, MS SQL Server 7.0/2000, Informix DB Server
Software Engineer, 2000-2001
Sprint PCS – Overland Park, KS
· Development and testing of multi-threaded client-server applications in C++ using CORBA with a Java GUI interface as part of the Distributed Processing Environment team.
· Developed UNIX Korn shell scripts used for the installation and upgrade of applications, general and scalability testing, production phase migration, and troubleshooting.
· Performed technical support for users of client interface and for the production environment.
· Assisted in ClearCase code management, and build environment configuration for a multiple OS, STL, and ORB platform application.
· Coded socket and network communication to networking elements with TCP/IP and ICMP.
Languages and Standards: C++, CORBA, UNIX Shell Scripts, XML, Java, Perl, HTML
Applications and Tools: IBM Rational ClearCase, Rational Rose, Apache web server, Oracle client
Platforms: Sun Solaris, HP-UX, Windows NT
Associate Engineer, 1999-2000
BAE Systems – San Diego, CA
· Development of server applications in C++ using CORBA for a government imagery storage and retrieval project.
· Created SQL queries and called embedded SQL functions on an Informix database
· Performed requirements analysis and design for new development phases
Languages: C++, CORBA, Perl, SQL
Platforms: Irix (SGI), Windows NT, Informix
B.S. Computer Science, Iowa State University, 1999
· Undergraduate teaching assistant for a mid-level course on file structures, databases, and object oriented principles such as inheritance and derivation, as well as introduction to SQL.